For Property Managers/Owners
- An Apartment Manager's Guide to adopting a smoke-free building policy
- This document is formatted for online viewing only. For a printable version, please contact the Iowa Department of Public Health, Division of Tobacco Use Prevention and Control by visiting our website or calling 515-281-6225.
- Checklist for policy adoption
- Flier for property managers
- Sample resident notice
- Sample notice of lease violation
- Pre-policy tenant survey
- Post-policy tenant survey
- Sample lease addendum
- The bottom line
- Three good reasons
- Policy Reminder Cards
Unit Turnover Cost Calculator
American's for Nonsmokers' Rights Resources
- Model Smoke Free Lease Addendum
- Model Public Housing Smoke Free Policy
- Advice for Enforcing a Smoke Free Housing Policy
- Secondhand Smoke in Housing Infographic
- Additional resources are available on American's for Nonsmokers' Rights Public Housing webpage
HUD Smoke-Free Public Housing Fact Sheets
- PHA Staff Tips
- Smoke-Free Policy Recommended Checklist
- Smoke-Free Policy Recommended 18-Month Timeline
- This Is a Smoke-Free Building!
- Getting Ready to Go Smoke-Free!
Additional HUD Resources can be found on our HUD Smoke Free Housing Toolkits page.